To make it easy to add your listing to the new Prague Business Guide, have the following items handy;
- Business Name
- Description of Business
- An image that you want to use to represent your business. The image should be 300 pixels by 300 pixels or larger. It will get cropped into a square for display on the Website.
- Email (if you want it displayed)
- Opening and Closing Hours
- Any Special Offers that you want displayed. If you choose to create a special offer, then you should also have the Title, Content, Image and Price prepared.
- Images that you want to use in a gallery to display your work. These images would look best at around 1000 pixels wide.
Register on the shopnewprague.com Website
- Go to http://shopnewprague.com/registration/
- Create a Username and enter in an email address. Select a package and then click "Sign Up"
- Your username and password will be emailed to you along with the link to login.
Add your listing (the basics)
- Click the link in the email and enter your username and password to login.
- Click on the Add New Item button to add a new listing
- Enter your Business Name in the "Enter title here" field
- Enter your Business Description
- Set the Featured Image (this is the 300 x 300 image you prepped earlier)
- Enter your address and then click the "Find address on map" button
- If you want to use a google streetview instead of the map detail, then click the "Show" checkbox. This isn't available for every address, but if it is for yours I recommend using it.
- Enter your phone number
- Enter your email (if you want it displayed), or if you don't, use the "Contact owner button"
- Enter your Website address (skip the http://)
- Enter the Hours for your business. You can enter "By Appointment" for any time that it applies to.
- Excerpt - This is the short description of your business that is displayed on the home page and the category pages
- Scroll back to the top of the options and select a category for your business. If your business fits into more than one category, feel free to choose up to 3 options.
- Once these steps are complete, click the "Submit for Review" button. Each listing is reviewed before being approved for display on the Chamber Website.
That is the basics. Continue below to add additional features to your listing.
Add additional items to your listing
- Alternative Content - whatever you put here displays under the Google Maps link to your location just above the footer.
- Social Icons - Add links to your Social Media accounts. By default we have added links to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram and Pinterest. Just add your own account after the default one you see there. For example, where you see http://plus.google.com/. just add the ending so it displays like this: http://plus.google.com/webicine. The default images for those icons are already input, so be sure not to modify them. If you do not have an account at any or all of the items listed, just remove the text for the social item that applies. For example, I don't have an account set up for my business at facebook, so I would remove the https://www.facebook.com/. There is no need to remove the Social Image.
- Special Offer - Special Offers will display on the Home Page as well as on your own page. Give it a Title, Content, an Image (this gets cropped to about 450px x 270px) and a Price (can use something like 10% Off too). Then make it Active (or not).
- Gallery - As a Chamber Member, you can add up to 20 images to be displayed on your page. Click "Select Image", then use the Uploader to add your images. Once you have uploaded images, click on the media library tab to view them, then "Show" next to the image. Fill out any info that you want, then click the "Insert into Post" button. I recommend using pictures that are around 1000 pixels wide and then selecting the "Full Size" option.